Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Songs from my Genius Brother

I am swiping some content that my brother posted on a family blog before anyone else, even he, is able to benefit from it first.

He is my closest genetic relative so I will very quickly promote anything he does in this forum, and this probably won't be the last time. In this case he was making up some titles of Christmas songs with a 'Walmart shopping' theme.

'The Walton Family Christmas Album.

Who can resist these festive holiday hymns:
1. Gloria! in Excessive Day o’ Shopping
2. All I Want for Christmas is my Healthcare Plan
3. Grandma Got Run Over by a Government Subsidy
4. It Came Upon a Blue-Light Special
5. Oh Little Town of Bentonville
6. Deck the Halls with Predatory Pricing
7. Rip-off the Red-Nosed Retailer
8. Oh Come All Ye Faithful Bargain Hunters
9. Good King Wencesloss Leader
10. Away in a Mangy Sweatshop
11. Angels We Have Heard on High Cost of Low Prices
12. It’s Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Honduras
13. Have Yourself a Merry Little Union-Free Rally
14. We Three Kings of the Board of Directors Are (Featuring Hillary Clinton!)
15. Jolly Old Saint Nickel-an-dime-us
16. What Child is This (who sews my socks)?
17. Frosty the ShoplifterAnd, as a special non-holiday treat, the Waltons have also included my personal perennial pick: It’s A 3rd World After All. Sweet!

Keep in mind this is a collector’s item and supplies are limited. So rush over (i.e. walk really fast) to your local, independently-owned music shop and get your eco-friendly copy today!'


Slade initially was dubious that he made all that up himself, it being too good an effort for just an off-the-cuff post to a family blog to be read by about half a dozen people. But to be safe I Googled 'what child is this socks' and 'Good King Wencesloss Leader' and because I got nothing I assume it is all legit. It doesn't shock me at all. Keep it coming bro, it is excellent content.

2 comments:

jph3 said...

hi there - i just saw this on your blog. thanks for the nice compliment.

morganspice said...

I was meaning to repost this around Christmas and I forgot--maybe next year. It will be a classic. I have no doubt if the right person finds it it could be spread all over via one of those mailing list things.